Bus & Minibus Courses at Heads of the Valleys Training

We are able to cater for all categories of PCV Driver Training, from 16 seater Minibuses to 70 seater Coaches. 

Learn to drive in our modern fleet of PCV training vehicles, carefully selected to make your driver training and test as easy as possible.

Take your test on the same roads you will have trained on.

From Minibuses to Coaches, And Everything In-Between: We Have Got Your PCV Training Covered!

How Do I Start My Training?

Before you can begin your practical training you will need to have a driver medical, apply for a provisional licence and pass the relevant theory tests.

If you haven’t sorted this already then don’t worry – we can arrange book and arrange everything to suit your commitments, complete all the relevant paperwork and supply you with revision material to study for your theory tests. Click here to read more about our PCV Starter Pack.

Why Choose Heads of the Valleys Training?

There are so many reasons that make us stand out from the rest – a few examples below:

Our PCV Driver Training Courses

Category D (Bus/Coach)

Drive buses and coaches with more than 16 passenger seats


3 days





free accomodation

Category D1 (Minibus)

Drive vechiles with up to 16 passenger seats


2 Days





Category D1+E (Minibus + Trailer)

Drive minibuses with trailers with a trailer more than 750kgs


3 Days





Do I Need To Have a PCV Medical?

Before you can start your training you will need to have a medical in order to apply for a provisional licence.

We can book this locally for you – we have access to hundreds of clinics across the UK.

Do I Need to Pass the PCV Theory Tests?

Yes – you will need to pass the PCV Multiple Choice & Hazard Perception theory tests before we can book your practical driver training and test.

If you need your Driver CPC qualification then you may also need to complete the CPC Case Studies theory test.

We can book this for you, and provide comprehensive online learning material so that you can prepare.


Trusted by industry leaders across multiple sectors

If you passed your car test before 01 January 1997, you would have been automatically issued a D1 (Minibus) entitlement with a 101 restriction code.

The 101 restriction code allows you to drive a Minibus, providing it is not for hire or reward. 

The only way to remove this restriction is by completing a D1 Minibus test.

If you intend on using your PCV licence for work purposes or to be paid as a driver, you will require your Driver CPC.

If driving isn’t your primary role then you may be exempt – click here to find out more.

A D1 licence will allow you to tow trailers up to 750kgs in weight. 

If you intend on towing larger trailers with a Minibus licence you will need category D1+E.

Around 12 weeks from applying for your provisional to completing your driver training.

All elements of training are booked to suit your commitments.

The easiest way to make a start is to call our friendly team on 01873 832000.

We are able to arrange your medical, provisional application, theory tests and theory revision material as part of our PCV Starter Pack.